It may sound cliché and redundant but health is really our wealth and we should really be spending our wealth in order to keep ourselves healthy instead of wasting it on material possessions that could not keep us strong in the long run.
Sadly, we only realize this cliché phrase when we already lack time and resources to make ourselves healthy. Just like this story of health awareness which is recently going rounds on social media.
Facebook user Jovelyn Mendoza Maniebo shared the sudden and unexpected death of her brother, Patrick who never showed severe signs or symptoms of being sick.
In a lengthy Facebook post, Jovelyn narrated how everything started with just a simple headache and fever that her brother neglected and simply shrug off.
It all started on March 11, 2018, when Patrick felt sick and complains of a severe headache, but instead of seeking medical attention, Patrick chose to just sleep and rest it off. After 5 days of recurring symptoms, Patrick had a seizure so his family rushed him to the hospital.
There he received medications and admitted under intensive care unit, after series of tests, doctors only them that Patrick is suffering from encephalitis, but he still needs to undergo series of tests to pinpoint the cause of his illness.
Medical News Today defined encephalitis as “an acute inflammation (swelling) of the brain usually resulting from either a viral infection or due to the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacking brain tissue.”
Its symptoms normally can range from a simple headache, fever, drowsiness, and loss of consciousness to extreme seizures or worse, coma.
After a few days at the ICU, Patrick’s signs started to become stable but he is still unconscious, his family member never lost faith on his recovery but even after showing good signs and stable vitals, on March 27, 2018, Patrick passed away after being revived for almost 30 minutes.
Their hospital bill reached millions and unfortunately, even if Jovelyn’s family poured all their wealth on Patrick’s medication, they were not able to recover his health and life.
Jovelyn shared her brother’s experience in the hopes to warn everyone to value their health and make sure that they are really healthy on the inside.
Read the full story below: