Every parent secures the safety of their children and always put their health as a primary priority. But no matter how they try to secure that, there are times when they overlooked things.
There are things that are inevitable but preventable like sickness or accidents but if these happened, let’s not blame parents.
Recently, one netizen warned people especially parents about airborne diseases like measles and pneumonia. She was prompted to spread awareness of these life-threatening diseases after it took the life of her own nephew.
On the lengthy post of Mary Joy Macasinag Reid, she narrated that her niece got colds and fever. Days after, they brought him to the hospital because of measles. But because it was still treatable, he wasn’t admitted and they brought him home.
The next day at around 4pm after a check-up, he was asleep but they noticed that his feet and hands turned black. The rushed him to the hospital and was admitted. A few days later, the doctor attached an air tube because he has a hard time breathing. Hours later, the child loses heartbeat and doctors try to revived him. They tried many times but he eventually gave up and demise.
At the end of her post, she warned people about the Airborne and its symptoms.
Read the whole post below:
According to Healthline, Airborne diseases are viruses or bacteria take flight and hang in the air or land on other people or surfaces. It is spread by coughs, sneezes, or talks, spewing nasal and throat secretions into the air. When you breathe airborne pathogenic organisms in, they take up residence inside you. You can also pick up germs when you touch an infected surface, and then touch your own eyes, nose, or mouth.
Types of airborne diseases are the common cold, influenza, chickenpox, mumps, measles, whooping cough (pertussis), tuberculosis (TB), and diphtheria.